Manufactured from solid steel; these Acid Storage Cabinets come in a number of different dimensions to ensure you choose the correct size storage system for your premises. The cabinets help to enforce lab safety within the workplace, and are used to contain substances that have the potential to cause adverse effects or disease if exposed. Regulations such as Control of Substances Hazardous to Health apply to almost all workplaces within the UK, chemicals deemed hazardous are classified by the new CLP (classifying, labelling and packing) regulation and CHIP.
After being agreed at EU level in 2015; new legislation on classification, labelling and packing has been agreed upon. This has resulted in new pictograms being produced. Rest assured, we are keeping up-to-date with this; as new GHS labelling will be supplied on our acid cabinets. The primary label will be ‘Corrosion’, however this can easily be swapped via the easy-peel labels to either ‘Aquatic Toxicity’ or ‘Harmful/Irritant’.
Supporting the upkeep of lab safety, the Acid Storage Cabinets are completely seam welded due to the integral leak-proof base sump. As a result of this spillages are safely contained within the cabinet. To extract the spillage we would advise using the correct absorbent material or pump. Cabinets that have a removable sump are not only difficult to empty but extremely dangerous as you risk coming into contact with the contents
All of our Acid Storage Cabinets conform to the Health & Safety Executive Guide HSG51 and DSEAR 2002
- Great for storing chemicals such as corrosive substances
- A robust 0.7mm to 1.5mm steel construction
- Different sizes available in regards to capacity; 10ltr, 15ltr, 30ltr or 36ltr
- All come with 1 adjustable shelf, however model 723618AC has 3 shelves
- Produced in the UK
- Chrome door handle on each cabinet with model no. 723618AC and 393618AC also having a 3 point locking system – sloping top also available
- Polyester powder coated White RAL 9010