To help your workplace meet strict health and safety regulations; our Flammable Liquid Storage Cabinets have been carefully manufactured in the UK. This ensures their fully welded seam design produces a safe and secure storage solution for flammable liquids.
These space saving cabinets are particularly beneficial in the storage of small quantities of flammable liquids, in which you may not require a large cabinet for. By purchasing a cabinet that is tailored more towards your needs, it then opens up more space within the workplace, and therefore instantly makes it more accessible, resulting in a safer working environment.
Each cupboard comes with lockable doors to ensure only those with permission are granted access to the cabinet due to the nature of its contents. Additionally, each unit also comes with a built in 50 or 150mm spillage sump to collect stray liquid, and adjustable shelves. The stand-out yellow colour informs people to take care around the cabinet with its epoxy polyester powder coat adding extra durability.
- Ideal for Hazardous Storage in small quantities, resulting more available space
- Depending on the model; 1 or 2 doors are attached
- Manufactured in 20 gauge mild steel
- Extra strong due to reinforced doors to prevent distortion in extreme heat
- Doors are fitted with 2 point locking system (with 2 keys also supplied)
- Non-removable spillage pump included; 50mm or 150mm for SU06F-08F
- ‘Highly Flammable’ labels are included on the front of the cabinet
- A Flammable Liquid Storage Stand can be purchased separately to keep cabinets off the ground
- UK Manufactured
Please note: These Flammable Storage Cabinets comply with the following regulations;
- DSEAR ACoP L136 paragraphs 94-96 (Dangerous Substance & Explosive Atmosphere Regulations 2002 – Approved Code of Practice)
- Appendices A & B and paragraph 104 – performance requirements for fire resisting cupboards and bins
- Guidelines set out in the HSG51 Storage of Flammable Liquids
- Highly Flammable Liquids and Liquid Gases Regulations, Section 5(1.D)
- Guide to regulation No. 5(17)
- Factory Inspectorates Certificate of Approval No. 1 parts 3 and 4
They do not specify an absolute test or standard for the cabinets or bins, rather they relate to the nominal construction principles. Namely:
- The materials used to form the top, bottom, sides, doors/lid and back provide a fire resistance of 30 minutes
- All joints at corners should be free from openings or gaps
- Doors/Lids should be close fitting to the frame of the cabinet/bin such that there is a nominal overlap between the frame and lid/doors in their closed position
- That all materials used in the construction of the cabinet/bin should have a melting point greater than 750 degrees